THE SERVICE AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Cathay CineHome is a transactional/advertising service of internet streaming media, offering digitized versions of movies and programs (collectively, the “Content”) and other services under certain terms and conditions as set forth in these Terms. The Service allows you to access and view the Content through a variety of Access Points (defined below) by streaming a copy. The term "Access Points" refers to, collectively, the Cathay CineHome websites, applications, and other means through which the Service may be accessed, including websites and applications of Mm2’s third party distribution partners (“Third Party Partners”).
USE OF Cathay CineHome SERVICE
- Individuals under the age of 18 years old or applicable age of maturity may not register to use Cathay CineHome Service without the prior consent of their parent or legal guardian.
- The Cathay CineHome Service, and any content viewed through Our Service, are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your use of the Cathay CineHome Service, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Cathay CineHome Service and view movies and programs through the Service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
- You may view a movie or programs through the Cathay CineHome Service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer Our Service and have licensed such movie or programs. The Content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location, subject to the verification by Cathay CineHome via applicable technologies. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch is limited and may be found at FAQ page (insert link). The number of devices available for use and the simultaneous streams may change from time to time at our discretion.
- We continually update the Cathay CineHome Service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of Our Service, including our website, user interfaces, applications, service quality, promotional plans and pricing. We reserve the right to, and by using Our Service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without prior notice in how we offer and operate Our Service.
- You agree not to: (i) circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Cathay CineHome Service; (ii) use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Cathay CineHome Service; (iii) decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Cathay CineHome Service; (iv) insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Cathay CineHome Service in any way; (v) use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method to manipulate the content of the Cathay CineHome Service; (vi) use the Service in a way that violates and/or infringes on the rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights (vii) use the Service either directly or indirectly to support any activity that is illegal; or, (viii) authorize any third parties to do any of the above.
In addition, you agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Cathay CineHome Service, including but not limited to software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs.
- The availability of movies & programs to watch will change from time to time, and from territory to territory. The quality of the display of the streaming movies & programs may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD and Full HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in HD or Full HD and not all plans allow you to receive HD or Full HD content. A download speed of at least 10.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better. A download speed of at least 25.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive Full HD content, which is defined as resolution greater than 1080p. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. Cathay CineHome makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching a movie or programs will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the movie or programs you have selected and the configuration of your Cathay CineHome.
- Cathay CineHome streaming software is developed by, or for, Cathay CineHome and is designed to enable streaming of content from Cathay CineHome through Cathay CineHome Compatible Devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. By using Our Service, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and/or sold the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the Cathay CineHome Service. If your Cathay CineHome Compatible Device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the Cathay CineHome Compatible Device and notify us by email as soon as you know of, or suspect any unauthorized use of, your account. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the Cathay CineHome Service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information and attribute to additional cost. To deactivate a device, please log out on Web or App of Cathay CineHome Service.
- You agree to comply with the applicable film classification regulations in the region/country where you are watching the Service, and to comply with the age limit indicated on the Service. You understand that by using the Service, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language or other features. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Service at your sole risk, and Cathay CineHome shall have no liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent or objectionable. Content types (including genres, sub-genres, categories and sub-categories) and descriptions are provided only for your convenience; you acknowledge and agree that Cathay CineHome does not guarantee their accuracy. To watch G, PG, PG-13 rated movies or programs, the company of a parent or legal guardian is required to accompany the minor pursuant to the applicable film rating system and/or regulations.
- You agree that Mm2 owns and retains all rights to the Cathay CineHome Service. You further agree that the Content you access and view as part of the Cathay CineHome Service is owned or controlled by Cathay CineHome and Cathay CineHome's licensors. The Cathay CineHome Service and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
REGISTRATION, ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- Account. The user who created the Cathay CineHome account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over his/her Cathay CineHome account. The Account Owner's control is exercised through use of the Account Owner's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control. The Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from altering the Account Owner's control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their phone numbers or email address if they use micropayment) associated with their account.
The Account Owner is responsible for all use of their account, including use of their account by other members of their household and/or any unauthorized use by third parties arising out of the Account Owner’s fault, negligence and/or loss of his/her Compatible Device or otherwise. By allowing others to access the Account Owner’s account, the Account Owner agrees to be responsible for ensuring that they comply with these Terms and the Account Owner agrees to be responsible for their activity using the Cathay CineHome Service.
- Password. You understand and agree that, in order to provide you with easy access to your account and to help administer the Cathay CineHome Service, Cathay CineHome implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Cathay CineHome Service, which includes accessing via Compatible Devices or Cathay CineHome websites. Please keep your password confidential. You do not have to reveal it to any Cathay CineHome representative. Because you are responsible for all use of your account, including any unauthorized use by any third party, please be very careful to guard the security of your password. Please notify Cathay CineHome customer support team by email as soon as you know of, or suspect any unauthorized use of, your account. Please also make sure to notify us if your registration information changes, so that we may contact you when needed.
- Sensitive Account Information. You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Cathay CineHome websites and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. Cathay CineHome reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. Cathay CineHome is not obligated to credit or discount a subscription for holds placed on the account by either a representative of Cathay CineHome or by the automated processes of Cathay CineHome.
BILLING AND CANCELLATION
- You shall start to watch the movie purchased within 14 days from the time of purchase. Once you start watching, be sure to finish watching the movie within 14 days before it expires.
- Each rental entitles you to unlimited movie runs.
- Suggested support: PC / Mac web browser - Chrome 83 or above, Safari 13 or above; iOS mobile / APPLE TV App - OS 11.0 or above; Android mobile / Google certified Android TV App - OS 6.0 or above; LG TV - webOS 4.0 or above; For detailed smart TV / Set-top-box supports or Chromecast / Airplay supports please refer to our website FAQ.
- Your viewing experience may vary from device to device, and may also be affected by a variety of factors, such as location, available bandwidth or the speed of your internet connection. In order to provide an uninterrupted viewing experience, Cathay CineHome may adjust the resolution and bit rate of the movies to optimize your viewing experience.
- Your membership authorizes you to register up to 3 (three) devices. Content can only be streamed from one device under an account at the same time.
- The price of Single Rental includes GST but does not include Internet service charges. Please check with your Internet service provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges.
- The content of this service is only available in Singapore. Cathay CineHome reserves the right to change the content, the price of Single Rental, payment methods and other relevant terms. You can access the latest information on our website.
Accessing the Service via iOS products and/or Android applications must be in accordance with the App Store and/or Google Play Terms of Service in addition to the Terms set forth herein. You acknowledge and agree that Apple, Inc., ("Apple") and any subsidiaries of Apple, and/or Alphabet Inc (“Google”) any of its subsidiaries of Google are third party beneficiaries to these Terms. Upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple and/or Google will have the right (and be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as a third party beneficiary.
We reserve the right to adjust the pricing for Our Service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion.
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS MADE ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. Very rarely, under special circumstances where Cathay CineHome, at its sole discretion, determines it is appropriate (e.g., the Cathay CineHome Service is unavailable for days due to technical difficulties), we may provide coupons to affected users. The amount and form of such coupons, and the decision to provide them, are at Cathay CineHome's sole and absolute discretion, and the provision of coupons in one instance does not entitle anyone to credits in the future under similar or different circumstances.
- Promotions. From time to time, some types of promotional codes may be available, including those provided as part of a third party promotion. Promotional codes may be redeemed as described in the specifics of the promotion. Promotional codes can only be used once, cannot be redeemed for cash, and may be combined with other offers, including a free trial, subject to certain restrictions as determined by Cathay CineHome in its sole discretion. If you received a promotional code through an offer by a third party, additional conditions may apply.
COLLECTION AND USE OF FEEDBACK/MATERIALS
Cathay CineHome is free to use, including but not limited to, reproduce, publish, display, or transmit any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to Cathay CineHome Service, including the Cathay CineHome website and user interfaces, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Cathay CineHome Service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note that Cathay CineHome does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for movies or programs, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Cathay CineHome. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you understand and agree that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against Cathay CineHome and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Copyright. Cathay CineHome Service, including all Content provided on Cathay CineHome Service, is protected by copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Trademarks. Cathay CineHome, the Cathay CineHome logo, and other Cathay CineHome marks, graphics, logos, scripts, and sounds are trademarks of Cathay CineHome. None of the Cathay CineHome trademarks may be copied, downloaded, or otherwise exploited.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- THE Cathay CineHome SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Cathay CineHome DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Cathay CineHome DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE Cathay CineHome SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. Cathay CineHome SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF APPLICATIONS, Cathay CineHome COMPATIBLE DEVICES, AND Cathay CineHome SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THEIR CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY WITH OUR SERVICE).
- Suspension/Discontinuation. In very unfortunate situations, we may change, suspend, or discontinue - temporarily or permanently - some or all of the Cathay CineHome Services (including the Content and the Compatible Devices), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You acknowledge that Cathay CineHome may do so in Cathay CineHome's sole discretion. You also agree that Cathay CineHome will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Cathay CineHome Services. If you are entitled to subscription and Cathay CineHome suspends or discontinues the Service, Cathay CineHome may, in its sole discretion, provide you with a credit, refund, discount or other form of consideration (for example, we may credit additional days of service to your account). However, if Cathay CineHome terminates your account or suspends or discontinues your access to Cathay CineHome Services due to your abusive use and/or breach of these Terms, you understand and agree that you will NOT be eligible for any such credit, refund, discount or other consideration. In such event, Cathay CineHome shall have the right, without notice to you, to automatically discontinue your access to the Content from the Service.
- Modification of Service. We continually update the Service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of Our Service, including our websites, user interfaces, service levels, plans, and promotional features, availability of movies and programs, and pricing. We reserve the right to, and by using Our Service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate Our Service.
- Internet Access Charge. You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the Internet. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges.
This website is owned and operated by mm2 Entertainment Pte Ltd. as well as the Services are provided by mm2 Entertainment Pte Ltd. For communications concerning these Terms, please write to "Contact Us”