Welcome to Cathay CineHome! We’re excited you’ve joined and look forward to helping you make the most of your membership. Below you'll find some helpful information to get you started. If you don’t see a topic covered here, drop us a message via Facebook Messenger.
- What is Cathay CineHome?
An entertainment OTT platform with a combination of pay-per-view and free-to-view content
- What can I watch on Cathay CineHome?
Cathay CineHome currently provides local and Asian movie titles catered to all different age groups. International content will be included in the near future as well, so do stay tuned!
- How do I register for an account?
Simply create an account with your Facebook account or email.
- How much does Cathay CineHome titles cost?
Free-to-view will be available for free upon registration. Pay-per-view content prices will range from S$5.99 to S$7.99, depending on each movie title.
- What are Free-To-View movies?
Free- to-view movies are ad-supported movies that will be available to the users free of charge upon registering on the website/app.
- What are the compatible devices for Cathay CineHome?
Cathay CineHome will be available on major desktop browsers, Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- How many times can I watch a rented movie on Cathay CineHome?
Titles rented will be available for unlimited play on the user’s account for 14 days upon purchase. After which, the titles will expire.
- Can I stream Cathay CineHome’s content when I am overseas?
No, Cathay CineHome content are Geo-locked to Singapore’s rating due to country-specific censorship differences.
- What are the language options available and how can I change my preference?
The default language is in English. Future revisions will include Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese for Cathay CineHome.
Video Quality & Programming
- How do I navigate through the selection of films?
Films will be categorised by Genre, Featured Playlists, Latest & Free-to-iew.
- What are the video resolutions available?
Best video resolutions will be up to Full HD 1080p. Do note that devices and connectivity may cause resolutions to vary.
- How do I choose my video resolution?
Video resolution can be toggled from the bottom of the player.
- What are the technical requirements needed for Cathay CineHome app and browser version?
A stable internet connection is required for Cathay CineHome to work smoothly.
Browser: Best viewed in the latest version of Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
iOS/Android: Optimised for current version, please allow 2 weeks buffer for new OS update.
- What should I do when a technical issue occurred while streaming?
- Am I able to use the same registered account to watch different film on different devices at the same time?
One registered account will be able to stream only one movie at any one time.
- How do I cast Cathay CineHome’s videos from my mobile devices to my Smart TV?
Apple users may use Airplay and Android users can use GoogleCast to cast Cathay CineHome onto your smart tv.
- Please ensure your Smart TV supports screen casting
- Both Smart TV and your device are on the same WiFi network
- A stable internet connection
- On your device: In the movie player screen, tap on the cast icon on the bottom right
Service & Billing
- How will I be billed?
Payment will be made via credit card at the time of purchase. Your transaction will be reflected as “Cathay CineHome” on your credit card bill.
- Should there be a service issue, am I able to get a refund?
Do note that once purchases have been made, there will be NO REFUND. If you faced any technical issue, please look through this FAQ or drop us a message via Facebook Messenger. Alternatively, you may email us with a screenshot of the issue.
- What are the available payment methods?
All major Credit Cards (Visa/ Mastercard/ American Express), Debit cards, and Apple Pay. We will update this list as we include more payment partners.
- What are promo codes?
Promo codes are codes that you can use to get a discount on a certain item or on your order. They can also be called:
- Promotional codes
- Coupon codes
- Discount codes
- Discount vouchers
- How can I receive vouchers & promo codes?
Depending on time and date, promo codes will be revealed across our communication channels, please subscribe and follow to stay updated with the active promo codes.
- Facebook / Instagram (@CathayCineHome)
- electronic direct mail (do check your spam folder too)
- in-app notification bell
- How do I use my vouchers & promo codes?
Promo codes may be entered during checkout. Do note that only active codes are effective, otherwise discount will not be applied on your charge. Please refer to image below for code placement.
- Why isn’t my promo code working?
Is your promo code coming back as ‘invalid’? It might just be a simple typing error. Other reasons why your code might not be working include:
- It’s expired: Many promo codes are only valid for a limited time period. These dates are usually stated in their terms and conditions, so if you’re trying to redeem them past their due, they won’t work.
- Exclusions apply: Some codes won’t work for certain titles or for sale. The details on what is excluded are usually stated in the terms and conditions.
- It’s case sensitive: Although usually not a problem, some codes may be case sensitive. To avoid this, always copy and paste the codes from us before using them.